Donate to Educate
The Arizona Cardinals and University of Phoenix have partnered for the “Donate to Educate” program that provides the opportunity to improve education for Arizona K-12 schools and local non-profits.
“Donate to Educate” raises money during the Cardinals season through the contribution of fans. The donations are then turned into grants that are given out in up to $5,000 increments to teachers and non-profits who are looking to make an impact on a school, district, or education program through technology, supplies, health/wellness, and literacy.
“We all know how tight budgets are in Arizona Schools today and how critical it is for our K-12 students to be equipped with the tools they need for success,” said Dr. Bill Pepicello, president of University of Phoenix. “It is an honor to be involved in a program that will have a positive impact on our students and we are happy to be supporting Cardinals Charities in this effort.”
The grants are awarded on an annual basis and all grant recipients will be required to complete a six-month grant progress report to be eligible for future funding.
Grant recipients of funds collected during the 2012 season include:
- Community Education Early Childhood (Cholla Campus)
- Patterson Elementary School
- Arizona Call-A-Teen Youth Resources, Inc. (Excellence High School)
- Junior Achievement of Arizona
- Prescott High School
- Chandler Education Foundation
- SanTan Jr. High School
- Abia Judd Elementary School
- Prescott Unified School District
- Pueblo Gardens PK-8 School
- Moon Mountain Elementary School
- Sonoran Heights Elementary School
- Rainbow Valley Elementary School
- Sage Elementary School
- Bourgade Catholic High School
- New River Elementary School