This is a family friendly event and fans are encouraged to wear tasteful costumes that are not revealing or may be considered to be or include negative, derogatory or inappropriate language or portrayals. For the safety and security of our guests, fans may not bring any costume props that may be impede the sightlines of fans watching the game or props that can be could resemble weapons or distract from the game. The props include but are not limited to guns, swords, knives, axes, hammers, bats, lightsabers or any items that produce a sound or light. The clear bag policy will be in affect and fans are encouraged to view the policy.
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into State Farm Stadium, the Cardinals have an NFL policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the stadium.
The NFL Committee on Stadium Security unanimously recommended the implementation of this measure that will enhance public safety and make it easier for fans to gain access in all stadiums
The Cardinals strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags, but outlined today what is permissible. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). The team will have these bags available at State Farm Stadium gates on game day.
- Small clutch bags, with a maximum size of 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes/vaping devices, purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
For additional information, go to NFL.com/allclear.
“We consistently heard from Cardinals fans how important public safety is to them and it is our top priority as well,” said Cardinals President Michael Bidwill, who chairs the NFL Committee on Stadium Security & Fan Conduct. “Providing a safe and secure environment is something our fans deserve. This will make the process of checking items much more efficient and effective. We will be able to deliver a better and quicker experience at the gates and also provide a safer environment. Also very important to us in establishing this policy was balancing the unique needs of all our fans, especially families and women who attend our games. We will make sure our guest service locations have the appropriate staff and supplies to meet their needs.”
Fans will continue to be able to enjoy their tailgate activities in the parking lots and to do so with greater safety and the knowledge that their entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster.
In recent years the Cardinals have enhanced their already comprehensive safety plans with the additional measures such as pat downs, bag checks and metal detectors.
This public safety measure is being successfully used at other large venues. The University of Michigan, Penn State University and Michigan State University do not permit any bags.
Working personnel, including media, will continue to enter NFL stadiums through designated gates where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections already in effect at all stadiums.