The Arizona Cardinals have implemented a one-stop benefits assistance program available to former players. We recognize that the volume and complexity of benefit programs available (over 100 programs between the NFL, Legends Community, NFLPA, The Trust, Player Care Foundation, NFL Alumni Association, etc. handled by multiple individuals) can be daunting, and we are here to help. As an added resource, a high-level benefits book has been compiled for your review.
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
Within the program Melissa Anderson, Manager of Alumni Benefits, will:
- Proactively contact recently retired players to maximize available benefits.
- Keep former players up-to-date on upcoming events as well as new benefits and programs available, via email.
- Field general, or informational, questions on types of benefits and programs available.
- Answer high-level questions on eligibility for various programs, while working closely with the NFL and benefits administrators on specific determination of eligibility.
- Provide individual statement of plans/programs that may be available, upon request.
- Assist Cardinals Alumni with the completion of required applications, and additional paperwork, and continuous follow-up if more paperwork is required of them.
- Assist in coordinating medical appointments.
- Request, obtain, and submit medical records, from all 32 NFL Clubs, for application process after obtaining required authorization forms from the Player.
- Follow-up with the NFL, other entities and/or organizations on the status of the application/paperwork.
- Act as a conduit for all questions regarding former players programs and benefits.
If you have questions about your eligibility for alumni benefits, or would like to be added to the Arizona Cardinals Alumni Benefits email distribution, please reach out to Melissa Anderson directly at (602) 379-1823 or email@example.com