Kelvin Beachum is a sage veteran, an intelligent man who has brought something beyond just his human-shield abilities at right tackle this season to the Cardinals. He waxes philosophical when it comes to the fits and stops of the Cards' offense thus far.
"We have to fall in love with the mundane," Beachum said. "We have to do the ordinary things, we have to do the simple things right. I would say throughout the season we have had spurts and sprints where those things have been almost automatic. And then we have had opportunities and games where it just hasn't been consistent, just hasn't been fluid. And that has hurt us."
Whether understanding he has provided that knowledge and all-around help to the Cardinals since signing trickles down to the fans, who are voting for the Pro Bowl we won't know (no, probably not), but it does give reason for Beachum to remain in the top 10 among offensive tackles in the latest voting update. Beachum is fourth among tackles, while fellow lineman Mason Cole is seventh among centers, in what continues to be a good overall showing for the Cards in the voting:
- DeAndre Hopkins is still first among wide receivers;
- Budda Baker is still first among strong safeties;
- Beachum is fourth among tackles;
- Cole is seventh for centers;
- Kyler Murray is fifth among quarterbacks;
- Patrick Peterson is eighth among cornerbacks;
- Aaron Brewer is fourth among long snappers (and my apologies to Brewer, who was fourth last week as well but I forgot to get him in that post.)
Fans can vote by going here, and the voting runs through Dec. 17.