|1||@Commanders||L 16 - 20||3||2||5||2||0||0||0||0|
|2||Giants||L 28 - 31|
- Selected by the Cardinals in the second round (36th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft out of Washington and has appeared in 93 games (83 starts) during the regular season.
- Voted a team captain for the third consecutive year (2020-22) and earned his fifth Pro Bowl as a starter (fourth consecutive at safety) in 2022. Became just the third player in Cardinals history to receive at least five Pro Bowl nods in his first six NFL seasons joining Patrick Peterson (6) and Ollie Matson (6).
- Led the team with 111 tackles in just 15 games, adding seven passes defensed, two INTs, two QB hits and a fumble recovery.
- The 2022 season marked his fourth season with 100+ tackles. Dating back to his first season as a starter in 2018, is the only DB in the NFL with at least four seasons of 100+ tackles.
- Over the last five seasons (2018-22), leads all NFL DBs in total tackles (574) and solo tackles (409). His 574 total tackles are 97 more than the player who ranks second on the list (Jessie Bates III - 477).
- In 2021, was named a team captain and earned Pro Bowl and second-team All-Pro honors after posting 98 tackles and establishing career-best marks in INTs (three) and passes defensed (seven). Also added a fumble recovery, six tackles for loss and three QB hits.
- Named a team captain for the first time, earned first-team All-Pro honors and was selected to his third Pro Bowl (second consecutive at safety) in 2020, joining CB Patrick Peterson (4) as the only players in Cardinals history to earn at least three Pro Bowl selections before their 25th birthday. Matched a team high and tied for the NFL lead among DBs with 118 tackles while adding seven tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, three QB hits, two INTs, six passes defensed and a forced fumble.
- Earned his second Pro Bowl nod (first as a safety) in 2019 becoming the first player in franchise history selected to the Pro Bowl as a special teamer and as a position player. Started all 16 games and led all NFL DBs with a career-high 147 tackles (including a league-high 104 solo tackles) and posted seven tackles for loss, six passes defensed, six QB hits, a half-sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
- In 2018, appeared in 14 games (13 starts) and totaled 107 tackles, eight tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, three QB pressures, four QB hits, two passes defensed, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries (one returned 36 yards for his first career TD); one of just three NFL safeties with 100+ tackles, 2.0+ sacks and 8+ tackles for loss in 2018, according to league statistics.
- Named first-team All-Pro and was voted to the Pro Bowl for his work on special teams as a rookie in 2017 after he led the Cardinals and ranked third in the NFL with 16 special teams tackles. One of just four rookies named to the Pro Bowl in 2017 and became just the fifth Cardinals rookie since the 1970 merger to be named to the Pro Bowl.
- Became the fourth player in Cardinals history to be voted "NFC Defensive Player" of the Month (October, 2020) with 31 tackles, 2.0 sacks, two INTs (90 return yards), three tackles for loss, three QB hits, two passes defensed and a forced fumble in three games.
- During a remarkable prep career at Bellevue High School, won five team state titles (three in football, two in track & field) and eight individual state titles in track & field. In football, he played on three consecutive 14-0 teams that won three consecutive 3A state championships.
- Given first name is Bishard. Nicknamed "Budda" by his mother and aunt when he was a child and the name stuck.
Budda Baker Press Conference - Week 2 vs Giants
Cardinals S Budda Baker addresses the media Thursday ahead of the Cardinals matchup with the New York Giants Week 2 of the 2023 NFL season
Budda Baker Press Conference - Week 1 vs Commanders
Cardinals S Budda Baker addresses the media ahead of the Cardinals Week 1 matchup with the Washington Commanders
Budda Baker Speaks With The Media - Preseason Week One
Cardinals S Budda Baker speaks with the media Monday, ahead of the Cardinals matchup with the Denver Broncos Week 1 of the preseason
Budda Baker Meets With The Media For First Time Following New Deal
Cardinals S Budda Baker meets with the media for the first time after signing a new deal
Budda Baker's Pro Bowl Pick
Cardinals safety Budda Baker steps in front of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase for a key interception of quarterback Derek Carr's deep ball during a flag football game at Sunday's Pro Bowl Games.
Baker on Pro Bowl: 'It's Very Special To Me'
Budda Baker addresses the media Thursday, following his selection to the 2023 Pro Bowl Games
HIGHLIGHT: Baker Pick Off Rypien In The Red Zone
Cardinals S Budda Baker intercepts Denver Broncos QB Brett Rypien's pass at the goal line to end the Broncos scoring chances from deep in Cardinals' territory
HIGHLIGHT: Baker Picks Off Tipped Pass
Cardinals S Budda Baker finds himself in the right place at the right time, picking off Rams QB John Wolfords pass after it is tipped by WR Cooper Kupp
Baker: 'Excited To Play Against Them'
S Budda Baker speaks with the media about Minnesota Vikings's offensive weapons, CB Marco Wilson's diving touchdown and looking forward to play the Minnesota Vikings.
Baker: 'We Just Played As Hard As We Could'
S Budda Baker spoke with the media about CB Marco Wilson and CB Antonio Hamilton's interceptions and how great the defense played today.
Números Cardenales: Nota alta de la defensiva ante Philadelphia.
Isaiah Simmons estableció un récord personal, Budda se afianzó en el top 3 de una importante categoría y Marquise Brown dio un show digno de Hollywood.
Wired: Budda Baker Mic'd Up vs. Eagles
Budda Baker was mic'd up for our Week 5 matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles. Wired is presented by Arizona Ford Dealers.
Sideline Exchange - Budda Baker
Cardinals team reporter Dani Sureck caught up with S Budda Baker before the team heads to Carolina to play the Panthers.
Baker: 'They Were Just Better Than Us Today'
S Budda Baker addresses the media after the Week 3 loss to the Rams, sharing his frustration but also optimism that the defense and team as a whole will correct their mistakes.
Baker: 'These Games Really Matter'
S Budda Baker speaks to the press about the challenges of facing the Rams' offense as well as the importance of winning divisional games.
Baker: 'I Expect High Level Intensity'
S Budda Baker speaks with the media about the defense's goals this upcoming game and the matchup against the Chiefs.
Baker: 'A Lot Of Juice And A Lot Of Fun'
S Budda Baker speaks to the media about his first time attending a joint practice and the success the secondary had today.
'Top 100 Players of 2022': Budda Baker No. 67
Arizona Cardinals safety Budda Baker has been voted as the No. 67 player in the NFL on the "Top 100 Players of 2022" rankings.
Budda Baker Discusses His 'Can't Buy Respect' T-Shirt
Arizona Cardinals safety Budda Baker discusses his "Can't Buy Respect" T-shirt.
Baker: 'I Put A Lot Of Hard Work Into Everything I'm Doing'
S Budda Baker addresses the media during the first day of training camp on Tuesday.
Baker: 'The Defensive Back Room Is The Best That I Have Had'
S Budda Baker speaks with the media about his injury last season, his leadership on the team, and the strong chemistry between the defensive backs.
Budda Baker's Top Plays From 2021
Watch Cardinals safety Budda Baker's top plays during the 2021 season.
Baker: 'We Are Taking It One Day At A Time'
S Budda Baker talks about going to play in LA, working with DC Vance Joseph, and preparing for the Rams offense.
Cardinals Place Budda Baker On Injured Reserve
Pro Bowl safety will miss at least four more games
Cardinals Ready To See Isaiah Simmons Again When Giants Visit
Notes: Wallace carves out role quickly at safety; Pascal physical on special teams
Intensity At 11, And Camp Practice Aftermath
Emotions rule the day in final open padded work of training camp
Budda Baker 'All In' Now With Camp Here, Contract Issue Over
Safety says he believes in Gannon and new direction of Cardinals
On Day One, Budda Baker Makes An Impression Like Always
Safety takes part in practice as Cardinals begin training camp
Budda Baker Asks, 'Are You All (Beep Sound) Ready?'
With training camp coming, safety speaks on social media
Top Questions Heading Into 2023 Training Camp, Part Two
In the spotlight include Baker, the pass rushers, and two first-round picks
Top Takeaways From The Cardinals' 2023 Offseason
Murray's rehab, Collins on the outside and question marks on defense
Budda Baker On Hand For Minicamp, But Not Practicing
Notes: Safety still engaged with learning playbook; Kyler update
The Safeties In Numbers: Jalen Thompson Waits For Budda Baker
Along with Simmons, Cardinals hopeful in big production from position
Budda Baker: 'When It's Time To Be There I'll Be There, Smiling'
Safety is working out on his own in Valley
Cardinals Continue To Have Conversations With Budda Baker
Ossenfort keeping details private after safety requested trade
Kelvin Beachum Spokesman Tendencies Earn Him PFWA Award
Tackle addresses Damar Hamlin situation; Baker named Herberg Team MVP
Budda Baker Heads To IR As Cardinals Juggle Roster Again
Long snapper added to practice squad to fill void of Brewer injury
Iron Man Budda Baker Plays Through Fractured Shoulder
Pro Bowler's injury found after safety doesn't miss snap against Buccaneers
Budda Baker Earns Another Pro Bowl Starting Nod
Safety named to team for fourth straight season
Big Red Rage - Baker Ready For Playoff Debut
Ep. 542 - Safety Budda Baker is one of the clear leaders on and off the field for the Arizona Cardinals. What is he preaching to his teammates in advance of Monday night's playoff battle with the Rams at SoFi Stadium? Baker joined Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley to talk about preparing for his playoff debut, facing the Rams "electric" offense for a third time this season, the possible return of J.J. Watt and much more.
Big Red Rage - Budda Baker's Rise To Stardom
Ep. 493 - Former Cardinals safety Antoine Bethea joins Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley to talk about the 2020 season, Budda Baker's ascension to top-safety status, Haason Reddick's breakout season and how the Big Red can develop consistency in 2021. Plus, Bethea previews Super Bowl LV and speaks on the factors that Larry Fitzgerald may be considering when mulling retirement.
Big Red Rage with Dansby and Baker
Karlos Dansby and Budda Baker join Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley to talk about the latest injuries, the possibility of a new QB under center and the upcoming game against the Texans.
Big Red Rage - S Budda Baker
Safety Budda Baker joined Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley to talk about the versatility of the defense, his adjustment to the NFL and much more.