Arizona Cardinals Home: The official source of the latest Cardinals headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters and game day information
|17||@Rams||L 24 - 31||1||0||1||0||2||0|
|16||@Seahawks||W 27 - 13||6||4||2||4||0||2|
|15||Browns||W 38 - 24||4||4||0||1||0||0|
|14||Steelers||L 17 - 23||4||4||0||1||1||1|
|13||Rams||L 7 - 34||4||2||2||0.5||0||0|
|11||@49ers||L 26 - 36||3||2||1||1||0||0|
|10||@Buccaneers||L 27 - 30||5||4||1||2||0||1|
|9||49ers||L 25 - 28||1||1||0||1||0||0|
|8||@Saints||L 9 - 31||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|7||@Giants||W 27 - 21||5||5||0||4||0||1||1|
|6||Falcons||W 34 - 33||3||2||1||0.5||1||0|
|5||@Bengals||W 26 - 23||4||1||3||1||0||0|
|4||Seahawks||L 10 - 27|
|3||Panthers||L 20 - 38||4||4||0||2||0||2||1|
|2||@Ravens||L 17 - 23||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|1||Lions||T 27 - 27||3||3||0||1||0||1||1|
|2012||New England Patriots||14||13||44||23||21||6||0||4||0||0||0||0||0||3||0|
|2013||New England Patriots||16||16||77||38||39||11.5||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||1|
|2014||New England Patriots||10||8||40||27||13||6||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||2||1|
|2015||New England Patriots||15||15||39||26||13||12.5||0||2||1||0||0||0||0||4||0|
- Acquired by the Cardinals in a trade with the New England Patriots on 3/15/16. Cardinals sent Jonathan Cooper and their 2016 second-round pick (#61) to the Patriots. Jones received the franchise tag on 2/27/17 and signed a new five-year contract on 3/10/17.
- A two-time Pro Bowl selection (2015, '17), has played in 103 games (100 starts) and recorded 396 tackles, 77.0 sacks, 19 forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries, one INT and 19 passes defensed. Also has 18 tackles, 2.0 sacks and a forced fumble in nine postseason games (eight starts), including the Patriots Super Bowl XLIX victory at State Farm Stadium.
- Recorded 179 tackles, 57 tackles for loss, 41.0 sacks (seventh in Cardinals history), 81 QB hits, 49 QB pressures, nine forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and 11 passes defensed during his three seasons in Arizona.
- Leads the NFL in sacks (41.0) and tied for the league lead in tackles for loss (57) since joining the Cardinals in 2016. One of only two NFL defenders (Aaron Donald) in the top-five in each category during that span (2016-18).
- Leads the NFL with 53.5 sacks since his final year with New England in 2015. One of only two NFL players (Ryan Kerrigan) with 11.0+ sacks in each of the last four seasons (12.5 in 2015; 11.0 in 2016; 17.0 in 2017; 13.0 in 2018).
- Became the first Cardinal to record 10.0+ sacks in three consecutive seasons and the first player in team history with at least 11.0 sacks in three different seasons. Joined Curtis Greer (two) as the only players in Cardinals history with multiple seasons with 13.0+ sacks.
- Has at least 1.0 sack in 32 of 48 games since joining the Cardinals in 2016. No other player in the NFL has a sack in more than 26 games during that span.
- Since 2013, only Houston's J.J. Watt (21) has more games with multiple sacks (1.5+) than Jones (19).
- Has been named NFC Defensive Player of the Month (December, 2017), AFC Defensive Player of the Month (November, 2013), NFL Rookie of the Month (September, 2012), AFC Defensive Player of the Week (Week 2, 2014) and NFC Defensive Player of the Week (Week 5, 2018). Became the third player in franchise history to be named Defensive Player of the Month after totaling 16 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 8 TFL, 12 QB hits and a forced fumble in December, 2017.
- Donated $40,000 to Phoenix Children's Hospital after pledging $20,000 for each of his sacks during the final two games of the 2018 season.
- Named a Pro Bowl alternate after starting all 16 games and totaling 54 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, a team-high 13.0 sacks, a career-high six passes defensed, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery in 2018.
- Tied for the sixth-highest single-season total in franchise history with 13.0 sacks in 2018 and passed DT Darnell Dockett (40.5) for seventh place on the franchise all-time sacks list with 41.0 in his first 48 games with Arizona.
- Earned a Pro Bowl selection and first-team All-Pro (AP, PFWA, Sporting News) honors after leading the NFL with a franchise single-season record 17.0 sacks in 2017. Jones, who became the first Cardinal to ever lead the league in sacks, also led the NFL in tackles for loss (28) and QB hits (38) that season. Named the Deacon Jones Award winner for leading the NFL in sacks.
- One of four players to lead the NFL in both sacks and tackles for loss in a season since STATS, Inc. began tracking tackles for loss in 2008: Demarcus Ware (2008 and 2010), J.J. Watt (2012 and 2015) and Aaron Donald (2018).
- Had at least 1.0 sack in 13 of 16 games in 2017, becoming the first player in franchise history with a sack in at least 13 games in a single season. Since individual sacks became an official statistic in 1982, only Ware (14 in 2008) had a sack in more games in a season.
- Named a Pro Bowl alternate after starting all 16 games and collecting 57 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 11.0 sacks, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, 14 QB pressures and 22 QB hits during his first season with Arizona in 2016.
- Combined with Markus Golden's 12.5 sacks, the 2016 season marked just the third season in franchise history (1983, 1984) the Cardinals had multiple players with double-digit sacks.
- In his first season with the Cardinals, Arizona led the NFL in sacks (48.0) for just the second time in franchise history (1983).
- Named to his first Pro Bowl with New England in 2015 after collecting 12.5 sacks, fifth most in the NFL that season.
- Has two brothers: Arthur, a Super Bowl-champion defensive tackle, and Jon "Bones" Jones, a two-time UFC Light Heavyweight champion.