- Originally signed by the Cardinals as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Sioux Falls in 2018 and played 44 games during his first three NFL seasons.
- Named a team captain for the first time in his career and had 7.0 sacks, seven tackles for loss and 10 QB hits in just 93 defensive snaps in 2020. Established a single-season franchise record for the most sacks by a player who entered the league undrafted.
- Named a Pro Bowl alternate on special teams in 2019 after posting a team-high 10 tackles and a fumble recovery. In his first three NFL seasons, had 27 special teams tackles, three punt deflections, a fumble recovery on a fake punt and a TD on a blocked punt.
- Led all NFL rookies with 388 total snaps on special teams in 2018, trailing only Jets WR Terrence Brooks (395). One of four rookies to appear in all 16 games for Arizona in 2018, joining Mason Cole, Chase Edmonds and Ezekiel Turner.
- Finished the 2018 season with eight special teams tackles and scored his first career TD in the season finale at Seattle when he recovered a blocked punt in the end zone. It was his first TD since his senior year at Crystal Lake South (IL) High School when he returned a fumble 80 yards for a TD.
- Named the Arizona Cardinals 2019 Salute to Service Award nominee.
Cardinals Name Their Captains For The 2021 Season
Notes: Josh Jones set at right guard; only Daniels limited at practice
Dennis Gardeck Headed In Right Direction With Rehab
Linebacker making comeback from ACL tear in Week 15
Dennis Gardeck Signs Tender Offer To Return In 2021
Kylie Fitts signs his one-year deal; Team also signs five street free agents
Cardinals Extend Tender Offers To Dennis Gardeck, Ezekiel Turner
Kylie Fitts also gets exclusive rights tender
Cardinals Hoping For Positive Ending To Dennis Gardeck's 'Remarkable Story'
Notes: Beathard to start for 49ers; Fitzgerald has groin injury
Dennis Gardeck Continues To Make A Name For Himself
Linebacker's sacks-per-snap ratio impresses Cardinals
After Historic Day, Haason Reddick A Far Cry From Former Self
Cardinals linebacker racks up five sacks, three forced fumbles against the Giants
Dennis Gardeck Rates High As Cardinals' Success Story
Two sacks in linebacker's first defensive work puts former UDFA in spotlight
Trent Sherfield, Dennis Gardeck Help Special Teams Shine
Coach Jeff Rodgers' group was excellent against Lions
Haason Reddick Out 'A Few Weeks' With Knee Injury
Notes: Gardeck gets first-team work at ILB; Swearinger has minor injury; pads on
Dennis Gardeck Comfortable But Not Satisfied
Second-year linebacker aiming for bigger role in 2019
Cardinals' Special Teams Shines In Seattle
Notes: Peterson touchdown called back; Interception drought ends
Cardinals Serve Thanksgiving Dinner To Less Fortunate
Organization visits Phoenix Rescue Mission on Monday evening
Cardinals Add Linebacker Joe Walker
Plucked off Eagles' practice squad; Elijhaa Penny signs with Giants