- A former undrafted free agent out of West Alabama, Butler enters his eighth NFL season in 2021. He signed with Arizona as a free agent on 3/25/21 following three seasons with Tennessee.
- A two-time Pro Bowl selection, he has appeared in 100 regular season games (84 starts) and boasts 17 INTs, 390 tackles, 84 passes defensed, five forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries. Has also played in 12 playoff games and has 42 tackles, 10 passes defensed and two INTs.
- As a rookie in 2014, was responsible for one of the most memorable plays in Super Bowl history in the Patriots 28-24 victory vs. Seattle in Super Bowl XLIX at State Farm Stadium. He sealed the Patriots victory by intercepting Russell Wilson's pass intended for Ricardo Lockette in the New England end zone with 26 seconds left to play.
- Joins Janoris Jenkins and Marcus Peters as the only players in the NFL with multiple INTs in each of the last six seasons (2015-20).
- Has led his team in passes defensed in five of the last six seasons (2015-17 w/ Patriots; 2018, 2020 w/ Titans). Only exception was in 2019 when he was limited to nine games due to injury.
- Since becoming a full-time starter in 2015, Butler ranks sixth in the NFL with 79 passes defensed behind only Darius Slay (88), Marcus Peters (86), Janoris Jenkins (85), Stephon Gilmore (82) and Ronald Darby (81).
- Was the only player in the NFL in 2020 who recorded 100+ tackles and 4+ INTs.
- Dating back to 2015, has five seasons (2015-18; 2020) with 60+ tackles, 2+ INTs and 12+ passes defensed. No other player in the NFL has more than three such seasons.
Cardinals Cornerbacks Set But Door Not Shut On Malcolm Butler
Notes: No longer starter, Hicks will have significant role on defense
'Personal Decision' Sidelines CB Malcolm Butler
Notes: Kingsbury talks Streveler as third QB; Vaccine rate improves with Cards
Malcolm Butler Lands On Reserve/Retired List For Cardinals
Cornerback has been absent from practice this week
Marco Wilson Making Progress, As Is Cornerback Room
After Peterson's departure, cover men will have a new look
Malcolm Butler Hopes To Do A Number On Cardinals Cornerbacks Room
Veteran ready to work in stadium of his greatest play
Top Questions Heading Into 2021 Training Camp, Part Two
J.J. Watt, cornerbacks and Chandler Jones among those in the spotlight
Cardinals Position Overview 2021: Cornerback
Team adds free agents Malcolm Butler, Darqueze Dennard to roster
New Uniform Numbers And Number Changes, With An Asterisk
Edmonds, Murphy joining Baker in potentially moving to single digits
Big-Name Offseason Additions Adamant They Still Have Game
Cardinals looking for vintage seasons from J.J. Watt, A.J. Green, Malcolm Butler
Post-Peterson, Malcolm Butler Arrives To Aid Cornerback Crew
Veteran believes Cardinals are a 'perfect fit' for skillset