- Selected by the Cardinals in the fourth round (136th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft out of Florida. Arizona entered the draft with the 160th overall selection in the fifth round and traded up 24 spots to select Wilson.
- Became just the second Florida player selected by the Cardinals in the last 22 years – OL D.J. Humphries (24th overall in the 2015 NFL Draft) – and the 11th Gator ever drafted by the Cardinals.
- In his rookie campaign, started 13 of the 14 games he was active for registering 48 tackles (40 solo), one tackle for loss, four passes defensed and two forced fumbles.
- Started all but one of the 36 games he played in for the Gators and was part of three consecutive bowl teams – 2018 Peach Bowl, 2019 Orange Bowl and 2020 Cotton Bowl – including back-to-back 10-win squads during the 2018-19 campaigns.
- Trained in Arizona with former high school teammate and fellow 2021 NFL Draft pick Patrick Surtain II. The two were coached by their fathers at American Heritage High School in Plantation, FL, a program that regularly produces Division I cornerbacks. Wilson, Surtain II and Jaguars second-round pick CB Tyson Campbell played together for the Patriots and won a pair of state titles (2014 and '16).