Cardinals Official Team Website I Arizona Cardinals – AZCardinals.com
|10||@Buccaneers||L 27 - 30||6||4||2||0.5||0||0|
|9||49ers||L 25 - 28||3||1||2||0||0||0|
|8||@Saints||L 9 - 31||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7||@Giants||W 27 - 21||5||2||3||1||0||1|
|6||Falcons||W 34 - 33||2||1||1||0.5||0||1|
|5||@Bengals||W 26 - 23|
|4||Seahawks||L 10 - 27||7||4||3||1.5||0||1|
|3||Panthers||L 20 - 38||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|2||@Ravens||L 17 - 23||3||1||2||0||0||0|
|1||Lions||T 27 - 27||5||5||0||2||0||1|
- A native of Chandler, AZ, Suggs was a prep All-American and Gatorade Arizona Player of the Year at Hamilton High School before playing at Arizona State where he was a consensus All-American who was named the Bronko Nagurski Award (nation’s top defensive player) and Lombardi Trophy (nation’s top lineman) winner.
- Entering his 17th NFL season in 2019, he has appeared in 229 career regular season games (213 starts) and has 846 tackles, 132.5 sacks, 153 tackles for loss, seven INTs (two returned for TDs), 63 passes defensed, 35 forced fumbles and 14 fumble recoveries.
- A seven-time Pro Bowl selection and 2011 first-team All-Pro, he has been named NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2011), AP Defensive Rookie of the Year (2003), AFC Defensive Player of the Month (two times) and AFC Defensive Player of the Week (five times).
- Has started all 18 postseason games he has appeared in, totaling 80 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, an INT, three passes defensed, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. His 12.5 playoff sacks rank third all-time in NFL postseason history.
- Only active NFL player with at least 800 tackles, 100.0 sacks and 30 forced fumbles in his career.
- Leads all active NFL defenders in games played (229), career sacks (132.5), sack yardage (944.5), forced fumbles (35) and strip sacks (31.0).
- His 132.5 career sacks are tied with Leslie O'Neal and Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor for 13th on the NFL’s all-time sacks list.
- Has recorded multiple sacks (1.5 or more) in a game 27 times in his career, at least 2.0 sacks in a game 21 times and 3.0 sacks in five contests during the regular season.
- Has three career TDs during the regular season: two INT return TDs and a fumble return TD.
- Played his first 16 NFL seasons in Baltimore (2003-18) and left as the Ravens all-time leader in games played (229), sacks (132.5), sack yards (944.5), forced fumbles (35) and ranks second in career fumble recoveries (14); also the franchise leader in postseason sacks (12.5).
- During his tenure in Baltimore, the Ravens ranked in the top-10 in total defense 13 times and had a top-10 scoring defense 12 times. Baltimore made nine postseason appearances during Suggs’ time, winning five division titles and Super Bowl XLVII.
- Had 7.0 sacks for the Ravens in 2018, marking the 12th time in his career he has had at least seven sacks in a season. In NFL history, only Julius Peppers (15) and Hall of Famers Bruce Smith (15), Reggie White (14) and Chris Doleman (13) had more seasons with at least seven sacks.
- Led the NFL and established a Ravens franchise single-season record with seven forced fumbles in 2011.
- Established a franchise rookie-record with 12.0 sacks in 2003 on his way to being named the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year. Tied an NFL rookie record with a sack in each of his first four games that season.