- Selected by Philadelphia in the second round (35th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft and acquired by the Cardinals in a trade during the 2021 season; Arizona traded a 2022 5th round pick and CB Tay Gowan to the Eagles for Ertz.
- Among TEs dating back to his first year in the NFL in 2013, ranks 2nd in receptions (635), 2nd in receiving yards (6,841), 4th in touchdown receptions (41), and 4th in 100-yard receiving games (12).
- His 635 receptions rank 9th in NFL history among TEs and represent the fourth-highest total in league history by a TE in his first nine seasons behind only Travis Kelce (704), Jason Witten (696) and Tony Gonzalez (648). In NFL history, the only TEs to reach 600 receptions in fewer games than Ertz (128) were Kelce (110) and Witten (125).
- Set the NFL single-season record for receptions by a TE with 116 catches in 2018, surpassing the mark of Jason Witten (110 in 2012). His 116 catches that season set an Eagles single-season franchise record and were the second most in the NFL, trailing only Michael Thomas (125).
- The 2021 season marked Ertz's sixth with 70+ receptions. He joined Tony Gonzalez (14), Jason Witten (9), Travis Kelce (7) and Antonio Gates (6) as the only TEs in NFL history with at least six seasons of 70+ receptions.
- The 2021 season was Ertz's seventh with 700 receiving yards. He joined Tony Gonzalez (14), Jason Witten (12), Antonio Gates (10), Shannon Sharpe (9) and Travis Kelce (8) as the only TEs in NFL history with at least seven seasons of 700+ receiving yards.
- In Week 11 of the 2021 season at Seattle, recorded eight receptions for 88 yards and two TDs. It marked just the second time in franchise history a TE had 8+ receptions, 80+ receiving yards and 2+ TD receptions in a game: Jackie Smith (9 for 212 yards and 2 TDs) on 10/13/63 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Playing his first game with the Cardinals in Week 7 vs. Houston last season, Ertz caught three passes for 66 yards, including a career-long 47-yard TD reception. Combined with his five-yard TD catch in Week 6 in his final game with Philadelphia, Ertz became the first player in NFL history to have a TD reception in back-to-back games in a season for two different teams.
- Caught the game-winning touchdown in Super Bowl LII that gave the Eagles a 38-33 lead with just over two minutes left in regulation.
- Ertz's wife, Julie, is a Mesa, AZ native who attended Dobson High School from 2006-2010 before going on to global soccer stardom. She is a member of the U.S. Women's National Team and currently plays for Angel City FC of the National Women's Soccer League.
Originally selected by Philadelphia in the second round (35th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. Re-signed with the Eagles to a five-year extension through the 2021 season on 1/25/16. Acquired by the Cardinals in exchange for Tay Gowan and Arizona's fifth-round selection in the 2022 NFL Draft on 10/15/21. Re-signed with Arizona on a three-year contract through the 2024 season on 3/13/22.
2021: Appeared in 17 games (14 starts) with the Eagles and Cardinals during the regular season, finishing year with 74 receptions for 763 yards and five TDs … traded from Philadelphia to Arizona in Week 6 … played six games (three starts) with the Eagles and had 18 catches for 189 yards and two TDs … played in 11 games (11 starts) with the Cardinals and recorded 56 receptions for 574 yards and three TDs … his 56 receptions tied (Jackie Smith, 1967) the franchise record for receptions by a TE and he also became the first Cardinals TE since 2003 to have 500+ receiving yards in a season … named a 2022 NFLPA Alan Page Community (APC) Award finalist which recognized Ertz for going above and beyond to perform community service in his team city and/or hometown ... caught four passes for 53 yards, three first downs and a TD @ Dal (9/27) … gained 29 yards and scored a TD on four receptions vs. TB (10/14) ... joined Arizona in a Week 6 trade (10/15) ... tallied three receptions for 66 yards (22 avg.) and one TD in his Cardinals debut vs. Hou (10/24); his 47-yard TD reception was the longest of his career; coupled with his Week 5 performance with the Eagles, Ertz became the first player in NFL history to register a TD in consecutive games for two different teams ... led the team in receiving yards (88) and total TDs (two) on eight receptions for an offense whose +108 scoring differential leads the NFC and ranks third in the NFL through Week 11 @ Sea (11/21); his performance marks just the second time in franchise history a TE had 8+ receptions, 80+ receiving yards and 2+ TD receptions in a single game; Ertz's two TD receptions in Week 11 tied his career high and was his seventh career game with multiple TD catches ... tallied the most receptions on the team (seven) for 41 yards @ Dal (1/2/22); following his Week 17 performance, Ertz now leads all active NFL players with 77 career receptions against the Cowboys; his 77 receptions are the most ever by a TE against Dallas; his 35 total receptions at AT&T Stadium is tied with former Giants WR Hakeem Nicks for the most ever by a Cowboys opponent ... led the team in yards (84) and receptions (seven) (12.0 avg.) vs. Sea (1/9/22); with his Week 18 performance, tied the Cardinals single-season franchise record for catches by a TE (56) in just 11 games ... tallied 21 yards on three receptions in his Cardinals playoff debut @ LAR (1/17/22).
2020: Played 11 games (all starts) and had 36 receptions for 335 yards and one TD … hauled in three catches for 18 yards and one TD @ Was (9/13) … set season highs in receptions (seven) and yards (70) vs. Cin (9/27).
2019: Saw action in 15 games (all starts) and had 88 receptions for 916 yards and six TDs … his 88 catches tied for third most in Eagles single-season history, trailing only his 2018 season (116) and Brian Westbrook in 2007 (90) … named to his third consecutive Pro Bowl … registered a team-high nine receptions for 91 yards and two TDs in the OT win vs. NYG (12/9); caught both the game-tying and game-winning TD passes becoming the first TE in NFL history to catch a TD pass in both the fourth quarter and OT of the same game … totaled 12 receptions for 91 yards and one TD vs. Sea (11/24); became the second player in franchise history and the second-fastest TE in NFL history to reach 500 career receptions.
2018: Started all 16 games and set the franchise and NFL single-season record for receptions by a TE (116) while totaling 1,163 yards and eight TDs … finished the regular season with the second-most receptions in the NFL, trailing only Michael Thomas (125) … ranked third among NFL TEs in receiving yards (1,163) ... joined Eric Ebron (13) and Travis Kelce (10) as the only TEs with 8+ receiving TDs … earned first-team All-Pro honors and named to his second consecutive Pro Bowl … recorded 10+ receptions and 100+ receiving yards in back-to-back games @ Ten (9/30) and vs. Min (10/7), becoming the first Eagle to accomplish the feat since Pete Pihos from 12/4/55-12/11/55 and the first NFL TE since Tony Gonzalez from 12/25/04-1/2/05.
2017: Appeared in 14 games (13 starts) and had 74 receptions for 824 yards and eight TDs … tied for second among NFL TEs in receiving TDs (8) and ranked third in both receptions (72) and receiving yards (824) … named to his first career Pro Bowl … caught two passes for 18 yards that both went for TDs @ Car (10/12) … set season highs in receptions (10) and yards (103) and added a TD vs. Chi (11/26) … posted receiving TDs in four consecutive games (Weeks 5-8), becoming the first Eagles TE to do so since Charle Young from 12/1/74-9/21/75 (4) … registered a team-high 93 yards on eight receptions in the NFC Championship vs. Min. (1/21/18) … caught the game-winning TD in Super Bowl LII on an 11-yard pass from Nick Foles that gave the Eagles a 38-33 lead with 2:21 remaining in regulation @ NE (2/4/18).
2016: Played in 14 games (12 starts) and led the team in receptions (78) for 816 yards and four TDs … led all TEs in the NFL with 5.6 receptions per game … his 78 catches ranked fifth among NFL TEs … tallied 112 yards on 10 receptions vs. Was (12/11) … registered season highs in receptions (13), yards (139) and TDs (two) vs. Dal (1/1/17).
2015: Saw action in 15 games (seven starts) and tallied 75 receptions for 853 yards and two TDs … his 75 receptions and 853 yards were both the second-most on the team … had 30 catches over the last three games of the regular season setting an Eagles record for the most receptions over a three-game span … tallied season highs in receptions (13) and yards (122) vs. Was (12/26).
2014: Appeared in all 16 games (five starts) and totaled 58 receptions for 702 yards and three TDs … set a franchise single-game record with 15 receptions while also posting his first 100+ yard game (115) @ Was (12/20).
2013: Played all 16 games (three starts) and hauled in 36 receptions for 469 yards and four TDs … had one reception for 38 yards in his first NFL start @ Den (9/29) … caught five passes for 42 yards and recorded his first career TD @ Oak (11/3) … tallied a season high 68 yards on five receptions and added two TDs vs. AZ (12/1).
Played 38 games in three seasons (2010-12) at Stanford, posting 112 receptions for 1,434 yards and 15 TDs … in his final season, was named a unanimous All-American with first-team honors from the American Football Coaches Association, Associated Press, Sporting News and Walter Camp Football Foundation ... led the team and all FBS TEs in receiving yards (898) and total receptions (69), both school records for a TE ... named one of three finalists for the John Mackey Award honoring the most outstanding FBS TE ... named All-Pac-12 first-team as well as a Pac-12 All-Academic honorable mention ... received the team's Outstanding Senior Award, along with Alex Debniak … in his junior year campaign, caught four passes for 38 yards and a TD against Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl at State Farm Stadium (1/2/12) … as a sophomore, caught his first career TD in the season opener against Sacramento State on a five-yard reception.
Attended Monte Vista (CA) High School where he was a first-team all-state selection as a senior after catching 56 passes for 756 yards and 14 TDs … listed as the fourth-best TE prospect in the nation by Scout.com, seventh by both CSTV/Tom Lemming and SuperPrep Magazine and 10th by Rivals.com ... three-year varsity letterwinner ... first-team all-state selection by Scout.com ... two-time All-Northern California first team pick by NorCalPreps.com ... first-team All-Metro selection by the San Francisco Chronicle ... two-time Contra Costa Times All-East Bay selection ... first-team All-East Bay Athletic League choice as a senior ... 2008 Cal-Hi Sports North Coast Section Scholar Athlete of the Year ... also lettered in basketball ... wife, Julie, is a Mesa, AZ native and attended Dobson High School … in 2018, the couple launched the Ertz Family Foundation which focuses on providing opportunities for youth to learn the value of exercise, nutrition, leadership, work ethic, accountability and teamwork