Zach Allen came into the interview room after Sunday's loss to the Seahawks and was asked about the upcoming Wild Card playoff game with the Rams in Los Angeles.
"We'll see how the week goes," the defensive end said. "The rumor is that we're on Monday night, so the extra day might be a positive."
At that point the playoff schedule was an unknown, and Allen read the faces of the media members that showed that he might've just made news.
"See, now I'm just going to be in trouble," Allen said.
Turns out Allen has great sources.
The Cardinals indeed will play at Los Angeles on "Monday Night Football" against the Rams, the final game of Wild Card weekend on January 17. Kickoff will be at 6:15 p.m. Arizona time (8:15 p.m. Eastern) and will air on ESPN/ABC.
The Rams played in the regular season at Arizona on "Monday Night Football," with the Rams getting a 30-23 win. The Cardinals won their game in Los Angeles earlier this season, 37-20.
The rest of the NFL playoff slate is as follows, with Arizona (Mountain Standard) times:
- Saturday, Jan. 15, 2:30 p.m MST Raiders at Bengals NBC
- Saturday, Jan. 15, 6:15 p.m. MST Patriots at Bills CBS
- Sunday, Jan. 16, 11 a.m. MST Eagles at Buccaneers FOX
- Sunday, Jan. 16, 2:30 p.m. MST 49ers at Cowboys CBS
- Sunday, Jan. 16, 6:15 p.m. MST Steelers at Chiefs NBC